1.16.2012

the woods


We walked always in beauty, it seemed to me.  We walked and looked about, or stood and looked.  Sometimes, less often, we would sit down.  We did not often speak.  The place spoke for us and was a kind  of speech.  We spoke to each other in the things we saw.
~Wendell Berry

It was quite the rainy day when these were taken.  I have a thing for ferns and was pretty excited to see so many sprawled across the forest floor.

Song Project of the Day = The Last Names: 52 Covers

camera: pentax k1000

15 comments:

  1. That's a lot of ferns! Lovely pics as always... hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a walk in the woods too today - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the moss on the trees looks so fluffy!
    i'm rally envious of people who get to walk in forests... they're always portrayed so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the moss laced boughs; creepy but still beautiful. And you've captured them perfectly, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look at your photographs and think of the power of nature. If we stepped back and just let her go wild, how long would it take for our cities to be swallowed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this crazy vegetation !

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are amazing. i LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the foliage. As a city girl I find nature scary yet WONDERFUL x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just thinking about making some fern prints. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so lovely. i love forests.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those green are w.o.w !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I've never seen a beautiful green forest like on your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love long walks through the woods... so peaceful and serene...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I love these photos! Wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete