2.10.2014

hello...


Today, I'm dusting off this space. It's nice to say hello and check in. The photograph above was taken last Saturday while meandering through the Ballard neighborhood. This winter has been a time of reflection, making a good idea turn into a reality, and lots of reading. My bookshelves always seem to have books I mean to get to, but haven't yet. To remedy that, I finally read the Chocolat trilogy (Chocolat, The Girl with No Shadow, and Peaches for Monsieur Le Cure) by Joanne Harris. If you have a village in Europe and quirky characters, then I'm in! Last week, I began The Madonnas of Leningrad by Debra Dean, another that has sat a long time on the shelf. It's a beautiful read and hasn't disappointed. I like to think we sometimes read certain books when the time is right. These past few months have been just that.

. . .
Labor by Small Sur
Finn Beales photographs
Sometimes We Surprise Ourselves by Denise of Chez Danisse

camera: iphone, vsco

18 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see a post on here from you. I love to hear your insight and outlook on the seasons and life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I like that idea, of books finding you when you need them, especially to cosy up with in winter.
    It's nice to see a post on here to read x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say, hi and that I'm so happy to be following you on your Instagram feed as well.
    Your beautiful photos give me that bit of quiet and reflective moment that I so often lose sight of during my days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a timely post... i'm living in LA now but was just thinking that I wished I was in Ballard exploring the neighborhoods---I don't know why Ballard came to mind, but it just sounded like a perfect winter day. as for books, I always fall back to the classics when it seems I need to read but don't know what I'm feeling. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello!! welcome back. <3 (though i see you on IG, it's not the same!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello there :) glad you're checking in.
    enjoy the reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. You come back ! We have been waiting for your photos and words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I did the same too! Feels good to start things afresh.
    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so nice to find that perfect book for a certain time in your life. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been missing your posts so much!
    The photograph is beautiful, it has the perfect mood to me!
    Also, thanks so much for sharing some titles that you've liked recently - I've been looking for different books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back! Nice to see you again. Funny, I was just wondering what I should read next...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Alexandria,it's good to see you here :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. so good to read you again..

    ReplyDelete
  14. i just found your blog, love the pictures you take!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’m so glad you’re back! I totally agree with you. Certain books only come to us when we are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  16. and thank you for the music link... Nice.

    ReplyDelete